There are many other things to do in Ennis, MT. The Madison Valley is home to endless opportunities for outdoor activities, events, shopping, dining and historical attractions.
- Rent an inflatable kayak or SUP (Stand Up Paddle Board) from Trout Stalkers and visit Ennis, Wade or Cliff Lake. Or take a dynamic 75-minute SUP Pilates class with our good friend Christine Despres of The Wellness Navigator. Christine is a local Paddlefit Pro Coach and Peak Pilates Instructor that can teach you to standup paddle safely in an hour. Private and group instruction available for beginners and more technical paddlers.
- Hike in the Beaverhead National Forest Trails
- Ride horses in the backcountry with an outfitter
- Picnic at Ennis, Hebgen, Wade or Cliff Lakes
- Inner tube the Lower Madison River during the "bikini hatch"
- Play a round at Madison Meadows Golf Course
- Drive the Gravelley Range Road
- Visit Yellowstone National Park
- Watch a Western Rodeo in West Yellowstone
- Ski at Big Sky or Moonlight Basin
- Snowshoe, cross-country ski or snowmobile
- Take a Gold-rush history break in Virginia City and Nevada City
- Pan for gold in Nevada City
- Pan for Ruby and Garnets in the Ruby Valley
- Stop by the Quake Lake Visitors’ Center
- Explore Lewis & Clark Caverns
Just for Fun
- Shop Ennis, Virginia City and Bozeman Main Streets
- Visit Willie's Distillery. Test the good and take a tour
- Visit a Western Saloon
- Watch a movie at the Madison Theater
- Soak in the warmth at Norris Hot Springs
- Visit Museum of the Rockies in Bozeman